BMW Pro AM
JCC is proud to support the BMW Charity PRO AM presented by SYNNEX. Being involved in our community and having the ability to give back when able has been, and will continue to be a top priority. Charities that were supported through this partnership included Gibbs Cancer Center and Research, Roper Mountain Science Center, Mobile Meals, Cliff’s Residences Outreach, Meyer Center for Special Children and Cancer Center for Greenville County.
Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
It is exciting to be recognized by Ernst and Young as a finalist for the Entrepreneur of the Year award. To be recognized by such an esteemed organization provides tremendous opportunities for JCC. Ernst and Young have provided access to an incredible network of CEO’s from around the country. This recognition also allows us to attend several events focused on helping us continue to grow and innovate.
For more information visit: www.ey.com/en_us/entrepreneur-of-the-year/southeast/overview.
Homes of Hope Gala
It was indeed an honor to attend this year’s Homes of Hope Gala. I’ve learned a lot about the work this great organization does in our community as a board member. Homes of Hope opens doors for economic mobility by providing affordable housing and economic workforce development programs. (James Jordon pictured with Cynthia Jordon-Robinson).
Learn more about Homes of Hope at Homes of Hope.
Habitat for Humanity CEO Build
JCC is honored to participate in the Habitat for Humanity CEO build program. Participating CEOs pledge company funding and staff volunteer hours to help build the project house. They also work on-site personally during construction alongside their team members, community volunteers, and future Habitat families. The CEO Build started in 2013 with a handful of CEO’s and has now grown to over 35 CEO’s supporting this build- with 2 Habitat houses being built through this program (James Jordon pictured with Noel Brooks, Habitat for Humanity).
For more information visit: www.habitatgreenville.org/.
JCC team members are committed to being actively involved in educating those who may follow in our footsteps. We participate in the Junior Achievement program that afforded JCC members the opportunity to visit with and provide financial literacy to an energetic and talented group of Monaview Elementary School children.
Habitat for Humanity
JCC’s involvement with the local community is an excellent way to build brand awareness and credibility for the business.
JCC’s involvement in the community renders several benefits including: building the business reputation, business recognition, networking opportunities, and most importantly, opportunities to improve the community.
Greenville Chamber Net Night
JCC members bring their enthusiasm and commitment to supporting the Minority Professionals networking scene. The Netnight event affords networking opportunities for diverse business owners and professionals of the Upstate. It is sponsored by the Greenville Chamber of Commerce Diversity & Inclusion Division. Our very own Cynthia Robinson, JCC’s Business Development Manager, was recognized as the “2014 Connector of the Year” for her diligence and contributions to the Minority Professionals NETnights.
For more information on Greenville Chamber of Commerce Diversity & Inclusion, click here.
Internship and Co-Op Programs
JCC endeavors to provide vision and leadership to a new generation of leaders.
Since 2014, JCC has been hosting students from various majors for internships and co-ops from the following undergraduate institutions:
- Berea College
- Brown Mackie College
- Clemson University
- Strayer University
- University of South Carolina
- Western Kentucky University
JCC’s internships and co-ops have provided students with the opportunity to get involved in real-world industry learning that comes from on-the-job shadowing, operational ergonomics and quality assurance/quality control experiences. Our interns and co-op students are able to connect with all team members in the areas of network setup, project management logistics, and research and development. Some of the most notable tasks and achievements from interns and co-op students are the following:
- Seeking subcontractors for vetting process
- Enhancing the firm’s marketing and branding efforts
- Creating customer satisfaction surveys and 8(a) checklist
- Utilizing price estimating software to carry out quantity takeoffs
- Completing bid cover sheets per research of potential opportunities
- Compiling necessary documents and submittals for upcoming projects
- Establishing JCC’s social media presence on various social media circuits
- Assisting in finalizing safety manual and reviewing policies for consistency
- Assembling federal agency marketing and pre-bid conference contact list
- Conducting on-site project visits and helping to remove demolition materials
- Providing routine updates to all social media accounts and company website
- Making phone calls to potential clients for 1-on-1 capabilities briefing appointments
Other Community Outreach
- Better Business Bureau – Board of Advisors
- Greenville Chamber Board of Directors
- Greenville Chamber Minority Business Accelerated Program
- Greenville Chamber Net Night Ambassador
- Greenville Tech Foundation
- Holland Park Church of Christ Lunches of Love
- Mercy House Volunteer
- PULSE Pacesetters
- United Way
- Urban League of the Upstate